Life in 409

This blog is about my quest to declutter my apartment. It focuses on clutter, decluttering, and the endless quest to separate the junk from the important stuff - at home and in life.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A New Leaf

I had lunch with an old friend yesterday, someone I haven’t seen since college. She made me laugh a lot, as she always did. Surprisingly I made her laugh too. She said I should write this funny stuff down. I don’t think I’m that funny and now I can’t think of anything humorous to say.

I didn’t sleep much last night, for no reason I can figure. Just had an insomniac night, where I kept trying to sleep and realizing, Hey, I’m not asleep yet. So now I'm tired. And I'm sick of my job and looking for work, but trying to be thankful that I have a job.

So what's funnY?

Last night my six year old needed to know how to spell “diary.” Apparently she was writing in her Hello Kitty diary (which, until now, has just been used for drawings). She told me she wrote about Brian and that I could read it later. I said no - that I didn't need to read it, that a diary should be private. Of course, I was curious about what a 6 year old girl writes in her diary about a 6 year old boy with a mohawk, but I restrained myself. Practicing for the teen years, I guess. Or maybe restraining myself now so I feel LESS guilty when I can't restrain myself in the teen years (future me: “What? I swear this is the first time I’ve ever read her diary. It’s not like I’ve been reading it since she was six!”) This morning she said she was bringing it to school so she could write in it at afterschool. I dissuaded her from this as well.

Am I being funny yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home