Life in 409

This blog is about my quest to declutter my apartment. It focuses on clutter, decluttering, and the endless quest to separate the junk from the important stuff - at home and in life.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hello Again

It has been forever since I updated this blog, longer than forever since I focused on clutter.

When I started out, we had two kids in a 2-bedroom apartment and I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff. We now have FOUR kids in a 2-bedroom apartment. Can you guess what has happened?

We still haven't moved. Our apartment was on the market twice - once in 2009-2010, and then again from 2010-2011. For various reasons (offers too low, working part-time, having babies) we never managed to sell. And now it is again time to list except that we can't seem to stomach the idea of actually listing it. We don't know where to start. We don't know where to go. We are afraid of low offers, of rejection, of buying something we are unhappy with, of being broke. And we are somehow powerless to tame the clutter that needs to be tamed in order to simply list the place. We are stuck and we need help but where? How?

I have great plans. Ambitions. But I get home and I sink into the couch. Or the computer chair. Or the bed. I nurse the baby. I clean off the dining room table AGAIN. I pick up scraps of paper for the hundredth time. Mere drops in the veritable ocean of clutter. And I ask myself... how did this happen? And then I get depressed. Or I yell at the kids. Or I curse and eat and hide in bed.

On the bright side... my favorite clutter bugs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home