Life in 409

This blog is about my quest to declutter my apartment. It focuses on clutter, decluttering, and the endless quest to separate the junk from the important stuff - at home and in life.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Sunday Morning, all before coffee

Everyone's allergies were acting crazy on Saturday due to the heat and humidity. I spent a lot of the night listening to one or both of the kids coughing. They both have asthma so the slightest cough tends to set me on edge, but there were no incidents. Still, at 6am, the Girl (who sleeps with us) started in again and I could not get back to sleep, so by 6:30 I moved to the living room. (In 409, we are often playing musical beds, and many mornings I wake up to find both kids in bed wtih me, while Hubby is sleeping in the Boy's loft bed.)

Anyway, I was still awake and watching some bad TV didn't help, so I figured I'd try to tackle some of those toy bins in the living room. It was much easier going through the kids' stuff without the kids, of course. I actually got through several bins, though the process actually made more mess, as I ended up with a dozen piles of stuff, and was undecided about where to put them. Some, I was able to integrate into the new homes we've been making in various other bins. Others are, as of Monday evening, still spread out on the living room floor. I didn't throw too much away, but my box of "stuff that I can't figure out where it's from" is getting bigger.

Eventually I had to stop, as the kids got up (also earlier than I'd planned), the Hubby got up (and wanted his Father's Day presents), and we were due to meet my inlaws for brunch... and I needed coffee, badly...

So, other than that, I didn't get much done over the weekend, but I'm feeling optimistic today. Flylady is in the Master Bedroom this week, and since I did a lot of work on mine already on Friday, I bet I can keep up and make the place much nicer by the end of the week. I hope so, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home