Life in 409

This blog is about my quest to declutter my apartment. It focuses on clutter, decluttering, and the endless quest to separate the junk from the important stuff - at home and in life.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm still here!

It has been about a week since I posted... things are getting done, albeit slowly. We were away from Saturday morning until late Tuesday night, for the 4th of July weekend, so obviously nothing got done during those days. Then again, no one was home to mess things up, either.

I have been plugging along, trying to keep to my schedule of doing one box or bin or shelf each night, at random from my list. (I even snuck in an extra one this morning - I have so much free time now that I am not getting the Boy ready for school and walking him there before I go to the train.) But I'll admit other things have fallen by the wayside... I haven't even been doing my morning and evening routine, as minimal as they are. My dining room table is re-cluttered again and the piles are growing. My dresser is subject to the same creeping pile disease.

On the bright note, by going through the bins, I am finally getting the kids toys more organized. I also instituted a summer bedtime routine for them, which will consist of bath and/or pajamas, cleaning up their room for 5 minutes, and then reading stories. Seems easy enough, and as we go, we can add to it. I read them 5 books last night - 3 short ones and 2 longer ones - and it really was nice to connect and also give them some winding down time.

Tonight I am getting my hair cut and they will all be out... with any luck I will get home before them and tackle another box from my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home